Google

Check Out These!!

Please check out posts at my other blogs too!!!



iNsAnItY iNtEnSiFiEdiNsAnItY iNtEnSiFiEd
My Tech Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Worth seeing once, but falls WAY short of an epic

I am a die-hard Frank Miller fan(also Tarantino/Rodriguez enthusiast) and I loved the comic-book action depicted in 300, but only so much! I loved every inch of Sin City. But, I have some problems with this movie, and I think that stops it short of what it could have achieved.

1. Voice over - this film has a weak voice over. In Sin City, the cold, detached VO was one of the USP. But the voice used here is just not upto the magnitude the film tries to portray.

2. As an actor, Gerard Butler is just not powerful enough to act Leonidas - he shouts a lot and inspires a little - the lines he had could have given him a chance to make him immortal in the heart of epic movie lovers,but he fails to deliver the dialog with that mastery - sorry for the unfair comparison - but can't help thinking about Viggo as Aragorn / Russell as Maximus when I see something like that -and sadly Gerard has a hard time to live upto the expectation - screws up badly.

Still, worth a see. Entertaining, but memorable? No Sir! Frank Miller's Sin City was UNFORGETTABLE, this is just time pass.

No comments: